Thursday, 9 July 2015

Birthday Weekend, Wireless & London

Hope you're all well I'm finally 17, wow saying my new age makes me realize how little time I have left to avoid adult responsibilities. But I am happy to say that I have had the best birthday weekend ever, I say this almost every year but this time is has top all over birthdays. 

So after finishing college two days before, me and my boyfriend traveled down to London to attend Wireless festival which is luckily scheduled on my birthday weekend; it's my ideal festival as it's all Hip-Hop, R&B and a wide range of DJ's all the ones I like. I went last year just for one day and I saw Kanye West because he's my spirit rock, favorite artist and he was on my birthday, very emotional day yet one of my best. However I wanted to go for more of a weekend and have a better experience of festivals, being around music and happy people is just a place I never want to leave, I wish festivals were more frequent (and cheap).
Anyways after a delayed coach journey, we landed into London with enough time to eat, relax and get ready for the first day. So many good acts on that day but as Drake was headlining, sacrifices were made to get a good spot for him, staying at the main stage watching Major Lazer and ASAP Rocky was worth it. We got pushed and shoved in the crowd but we got to the barrier of drake, behind the VIP section and it was one of the best nights of my life, Drake is the top performer and when Skepta came on it was a different level. I will say being 5 foot does not do you justice at festivals, too small to actually see the acts but I enjoyed every minute of it.

My birthday was the second day and a relax morning is all I needed with my love one, we wasn't in such a rush to get to Wireless the second day but the wait was well worth it. Tents at festivals in my opinion are better than main stages, the atmosphere is just amazing from everyone. DJ Mustard was arguably one of the best acts of the weekend along with four others, every mix of old skool R&B and this years hip-hop anthems got everyone bouncing. Getting stages mixed up unfortunately for one act I regrettably missed, Kendrick truly got London bouncing and killed his set so much, M.A.A.D City was as mental as I imagined. Leaving straight after was a good shout, as getting transport home was a pure nightmare on the Friday, it was sure the best birthday and totally beat last year by far.
The Sunday was a little rushed trying to get to the coach on time, but we had more time on our hands when we thought and decided to become tourists for a few hours around London; visiting Covent Gardens, Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey. Most definitely having to come back to London over the summer for a huge city tour. It was such a nice end to such an amazing weekend, I wish I captured more photos but I was taking everything in I completely forgot, can happily say it was the best birthday I've had, yet.
x toni x













No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Petite Fro Chic | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN